The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Tuesday 21 September 2010

A little bit of the ol' cathode ray...

Well, it has been just over a week without  TV and the Beynon's are finding it a breeze.  As I suspected, our TV watching was almost entirely habit.  Without the satellite feed, we find that a lot more books are getting read, my son is looking for additional bike rides, my daughter is making more things - very crafty things.  Lego, long forgotten, had the dust blown off and buildings and vehicles sprouted from bins in the family room.

Work on my latest story is going very well.  I'm thinking I'll be done tomorrow.  The the story needs a few days rest before I tackle it with fresh eyes.

I've been giving thought to my next big project.  Part of me feels the 2nd Loremaster book needs to be looked at and that part is probably right.  Another part of me wants to look at Gerry again.  Yet another part is entertaining looking at something completely new.

Time will tell.

2 comments:

Stuart Immonen said...

Lego, you say? Well, I dabbled in the Brick when my son was a little younger, and found a lot of inspiration at http://www.lugnet.com/ though it's changed a lot in the intervening years...

One of my favourite builders was a teen at the time. I think he's college-aged now. I recommend perusing his models:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bricklovinfreakboy/tags/lego/

Dave Beynon said...

I checked out the flickr photos. Amazing stuff. What astounding 3d software that kid must have in his head.

We're blessed around here with the Lego Factory Outlet just 25 minutes away in St Jacobs.

I recommend a visit if you're out this way.