The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Wednesday 12 May 2010

I think that I shall never see...

A poem.

Today I unexpectedly found myself writing a poem.

Over the last few weeks I've been plugging away at Gerry, my kid's story about an orphaned giant.  Each day I've become a little more immersed in Gerry's world and things are flowing nicely.  Today, however, I opened my notebook to where I left off Gerry last night, tapped the page a few times with my pen, then leafed ahead a dozen pages to a blank sheet.

I wrote these words:

Llewellyn never smiled again

And then the first three verses of a poem bled out of my pen onto the paper.  I'm heading back to my notebook now.

No comments: