The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Saturday 20 February 2010

Refreshing

Hey.  Take a look at this:



Now, I like Tiger Woods.  I'm more of a Phil Mickelson fan, but Mr Woods and his accomplishments have always been impressive.  With all the recent news of his many affairs and such, I found I wasn't overly interested in peering into golf's most famous son's personal life.  This, however, interests me.

What makes the above clip so interesting and refreshing?

Responsibility and ownership.  Think - when was the last time someone in the public eye - celebrity or politician - actually took responsibility for his or her actions?

In a world where the words "It was entirely my fault" spill from the lips of superstars, I think anything is possible.

No comments: