The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Friday 26 June 2009

Just because it stinks...



A few things have happened here - Father's Day - the end of school for the kids - the dedication of our heritage committee's little Corner, but all of that will wait.

Last night we had a few nocturnal visitors:



Here's a closer look:


Mama was no where in sight, so I hope they aren't orphaned but were merely expanding their horizons. As I approached they made little arched-back motions. None of them actually sprayed.

Earlier in the evening we had seen one of them lurking by our cedar hedge. He disappeared and we figured that was the end of it. Later - around 10:30pm - I was walking Willow and when we approached the house she dragged me to the side yard. Sure enough, a trio of the most adorable wild critters you could meet.

I haven't seen them around today, which is just as well. I hope they've found their mommy and they're gone for good.

No comments: