The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Thursday 5 November 2009

That Four Letter Word



Snow.

Tremendous, clumped-together drifting flakes of it fell from the heavens this morning and decided to stick around for a while.

Everyone got into the act.



My son - a little optimistically - got out the snowball maker.



Soon, buddy, but not just yet.

My daughter got right down into the snow and got to work.



Even Willow couldn't resist a little roll in the freshly-fallen snow.




To celebrate the first snow (which has turned to rain already) I'll be posting a snow themed poem I wrote last year over at the writing notebook a little later today. Here's the link.

And what would the first snowfall be without a snowman - courtesy of my daughter...


No comments: