The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Thursday 3 September 2009

One day and counting...

So, here we are the night before I sequester myself for the Labour Day Weekend for the 3 Day Novel Contest. As in previous years it looks like the first draft will be handwritten. I have speech software that works very well and I might still go down that path, but the last two attempts were handwritten and the results were pretty good. I don't want to mess too much with what's worked in the past.

In previous years at this point I was experiencing a fairly acute case of the butterflies as the hours ticked away to the start time of midnight Friday. This year...not so much. I suppose I might just be more relaxed about the whole process, having done it twice before. I think the reason I'm not anxious has a lot to do with the kids returning to school before Labour Day for the first time ever. I just haven't had time to worry about the contest as I watch the kids settle very nicely into a new school year.

Well, it looks like the wee lad is looking for me to read the next chapter from the second Harry Potter book. I'll probably post again tomorrow night as the start time draws nigh.

No comments: