The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Saturday 5 September 2009

20 hours in...

Just a quick update. Things are going very well. Throughout the day I've managed to eat a little healthy food, drink a few non-caffeinated beverages, grab a couple of 2 hour naps and still pound out 46 handwritten pages so far. I even made myself go for a bike ride out to the Shand Dam to clear my head and feel a part of the world around me.

Everyone here has been great. The kids are both so encouraging and have done their best to let me work and my wife...well, you can't say enough good things about the woman who types your chicken scratches for you. (She also replenished my supply of chocolate covered coffee beans!) Man, did I marry up!

Well, back to work...hopefully by midnight we'll get to meet Herne...

No comments: