The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Good news amid the mourning...

Things are unsettled here.  After a week and a half of activity surrounding my mother's death and funeral, I found myself alone - actually alone - yesterday.  I had some business to attend to at my mom's farm and a 45 minute drive gives a person's mind a chance to wander.  When I got to the farm, the folks I was meeting (furnace guys - there's a whole story, but not for here) were a little late.  I wandered around the empty house, doing a little cleaning and a lot of remembering.  It was my first chance to grieve on my own.  I'm kind of glad the furnace guys were late.

After my birthday, I wrote about resolutions and how one of they might already have happened but I was unable to talk about it.  Well, back on January 9th I received a call regarding a story I submitted for an anthology called Evolve2. The editor, Nancy Kilpatrick, told me that she was assembling the anthology and that my story had made the cut, but there were some details to iron out before I could talk about it.

I got the official word two days after my mother died.

It's bittersweet to be sure.  Here's a link that was posted on Facebook:

Evolve2 - Facebook

The name of my story is Symbiosis.  The anthology ought to be released in August.

I expect you all to buy a copy.

No comments: