The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Clearing my head and a really inspired link




Went for a bike-ride today that can only be described as ass-numbing long. One hour and forty-five minutes to the nearby town of Belwood. It was a beautiful day and the trail was free of traffic. Didn't see a soul until about five minutes before I got home. Here - see for yourself:





And this is looking the other way:




With such serenity surrounding me as I pedalled, my mind was allowed to wander and drift and I soon found myself rehashing the first couple of chapters of Loremaster in my mind. Last night I submitted a revised 1st chapter to the on-line writer's workshop for some feedback. As of this morning I had 2 very favourable reviews, both with some constructive suggestions to make it better. During my ride I formulated a few changes that will make the story better and, I hope, more saleable. I have removed the prologue - a fun Mission Impossible sort of thing that was enjoyable to write, fun to read, but, if I'm honest, doesn't
actually add to the story. I'll be putting it over in my Fiction Notebook in the near future.

Now, as promised - here's something I came across today that had me giggling.



This was created by a gent called Jason Freeny and I encourage you to visit his website and have a look around. If you like this, and I do, you'll find any number of gems over there.

Enjoy







1 comment:

Book Bag said...

this is the best thing I've seen all day!