The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Friday 31 August 2007

3 Day Novel Contest

So I read the final chapter of the 1st Harry Potter book to my 6 year old daughter and managed not to scare the living bejeesus out of her with Voldimort's pasty face looming out of the back of Quirrel's head. After a few songs she was sleeping like a baby.

Tonight at midnight I embark on the 3 Day Novel Contest. I entered last year and came up with the Platinum Ticket and by all accounts from those who have read it, the thing's pretty good. Aliens, time travel and Adolf Hitler all in one neat tight package.

This weekend's story will prove to be a little different. I will begin at midnight and by Monday at midnight I will need to be finished. I'll post throughout the weekend and let you know my progress.

Wish me luck...

No comments: