The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Wednesday 6 June 2007

Back from the computer shop...

Today was certainly eventful. Called up the computer guy to see if my desktop had been repaired - fried hard drive last week - and the guy kind of chuckled and said, "Well, we got the new hard drive installed but the computer keeps wanting to power down. We don't really know what's going on."

By this afternoon they had replaced every fan in the damn machine, updated the memory and slid in a new video card and whadda ya know - it works. I also have a bitchin' new external hard-drive for backups - no more data loss for this guy.

Apart from the woes of technology I've been working on Nothing's Made to Last and things are moving in a slightly new direction. Not sure yet if I like where they're heading but I think I do.

Also, since my last post it was confirmed that I have moderately severe sleep apnea. What does that mean? Basically I stop breathing when I'm sleeping - a lot. On a randomly selected 3 minute section of my sleep readings I stopped breathing 4 times for a duration of about 30 seconds each. For two of the 3 minutes I wasn't breathing. Scary stuff, kiddies. Tomorrow I go off to get a CPAP machine to force my breathing to be more regular. I'll report back and maybe treat you to a picture.

No comments: