The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon

The Platinum Ticket by David Beynon
Shortlisted for The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But Here, Anywhen But Now First Novel Prize

Thursday 31 May 2007

It is done...

Well, I finished the first draft of From My Father's Hands, the short story I plan to enter for the Bridport prize. It's fairly autobiographical and I've had to confront a few lingering issues around my father's death ten years ago. I know some of the stuff toward the end doesn't read that well so I need to give it a few days perspective and revisit and revise.

On another note my lovely wife and I will be attending the Elora Writers' Festival this weekend. I have a short story entered in the competition so let's keep our fingers crossed and I'll update on Monday.

Tomorrow I plan to get back to my science fiction novel in process - Nothing's Made to Last. Outline for revisions to Loremaster manuscript are probably in the works, as well.

No comments: